Live selling has become the talk of the town. With its many advantages for fashion retailers, live selling has become the future-ready solution for innovative e-commerce. One of the most challenging parts of building a business is promoting brand awareness and recognition to potential customers. But with a live selling fashion show, you can reach more followers and convert more shoppers.
What Is Live Selling, and Why Is It Great for Fashion Retailers?
Live selling is a powerful tool to showcase your products through a live video fashion broadcast, thus allowing customers to purchase them in real time. Here’s why live selling has significant benefits for you as a fashion retailer:
- Visual appeal: Fashion is a highly visual industry, and live selling fashion retailers showcase their products in a way that static images or descriptions cannot. By demonstrating how clothes and accessories look and move on live models, you can give customers a better sense of how they might look and feel in the items.
- Engaging with your customers: Live selling creates a more interactive shopping experience that can help customers feel more connected to a brand. This engagement can lead to increased loyalty and repeat business.
- Personalization: Live selling allows you to interact with customers in real-time, answer questions, and offer personalized recommendations. This builds trust and encourages customers to make a purchase.
- Time-sensitive promotions: A live selling fashion show can create a sense of urgency (or FOMO/Fear Of Missing Out) and excitement around promotions and discounts, encouraging customers to purchase quickly.
- Cost-effective: Unlike traditional advertising, live selling can be a more cost-effective way to reach customers and promote products. You can leverage social media platforms or your retail website and mobile app to host live selling events, reducing the need for expensive advertising campaigns.
Checklist for Live Selling Fashion Retailers
Ensure you are fully prepared to host a successful live selling fashion show with our checklist!
1. Stream Everywhere
It’s important for your live selling fashion show to stream across all channels: your social media, website, and mobile app. Multichannel live sales are a simple way to increase brand awareness, draw in new clients, and connect with your current network. In the end, more views translate into more sales.
2. Create a Schedule
Creating a schedule is crucial for live selling events because it can help you keep your audience engaged and maximize your sales potential. Choosing the ideal moment to launch each week is crucial. Choose a time that is convenient for you, and keep to it. Create a poll and ask your audience to vote on the day that works best for them if you have the flexibility to find out when they would love to interact with you.
3. Consistency Is The Key
Consistency is important when live selling clothes (or anything, really) because it establishes a reliable schedule. Set aside the same days and times for your live fashion shows every week. Consider your stream to be a television program. As with any other program, your viewers will eagerly anticipate tuning in at the same time and on the same night. Customers can incorporate it into their weekly rituals and learn when to check in with the support of consistent live sales.
4. Prep Your Audience
Like any other product, you should market your live selling fashion shows. Create buzz, highlight value, and offer incentives for your audience to pay attention. To educate and engage your audience, advertise forthcoming live sales. You can also tease about upcoming product drops, deals, and giveaways. How can advertising work the best for you? Our research shows that promoting live sales at least two days beforehand yields favorable outcomes from current clients and clients attracted by the advertisements.
5. Choose Your Inventory
On your live selling sessions, go live with many products (SKUs) and fewer units per product to gamify the shopping experience when live selling fashion. Consumers will want to ensure they take advantage of their chance to buy when they observe an item going out.
6. The Tech Prep Front
Before going LIVE, check that everything is functioning correctly by testing your live selling equipment and the internet. Keep chargers available. To make your sales mobile-friendly, put your phone in “Do Not Disturb” or “Airplane Mode” and always be sure to shoot vertically.
7. Pin Important Info
Pin your registration link or buying guide to your live video to avoid being buried in the comments.
8. Welcome Your Shoppers
Whenever a new viewer joins, welcome them by name to build customer loyalty. Be bold and elicit inquiries from your audience.
9. Be Descriptive Of Your Products With Live Modelling
Benefit from having live models! Give your audience an accurate and fascinating representation of your inventory, use movement to draw attention to appealing item qualities when live selling clothes.
10. Remind Shoppers To Checkout
To reduce cart abandonment, regularly remind your shoppers to complete their purchase throughout your live sale. Remember to bring up any cart expirations you may have set.
11. Promote your Online Platforms
So your live fashion broadcast is almost coming to an end? This is your chance to increase brand awareness, customer connection, and followers. Mention your website, app for mobile devices, social media platforms, and notifications for future events.
12. A Quick Check-in After The Show
Check-in with your team and your numbers to determine what worked and what didn’t during your live selling fashion show. You can use the CommentSold dashboard for reporting and check out the “live history” tab to keep track of the products that did the best business, the peak viewing hours, and the most effective channels easily.
CommentSold Your Live Selling Fashion Show Solution
CommentSold’s platform allows retailers to host live selling events through such social channels as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. CommentSold’s live selling platform is a great solution for hosting events like live fashion shows or any other event or activity live. Engage and communicate directly with your customers while showcasing your product lines, and see your revenue stream grow.
CommentSold’s live selling tools are a great solution and have helped small to mid-sized retailers deliver engaging live video commerce experiences with the potential to make up to $300 per minute through live streaming and selling. CommentSold makes live selling apparel fun and easy for fashion retailers, helping them elevate their business model to the next level.